Your Greatest Impact Yet
You may know The Road Home is part of The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) Group.
We’re thrilled to share in 2017 THRF Group was able to fund lifesaving research and improve patient care in over 20 different areas of disease and illness in more hospitals and facilities than ever
- $12.5million invested into medical research and patient care to save lives
- $1.8million invested into our research reserve for future lifesaving projects
Your generous support to The Road Home has delivered optimal models of care and health outcomes for Australia’s veterans, emergency service personnel and their families.
Thanks to your support we were able to;
- Open the Australian Centre of Excellence for Post-Traumatic Stress, which provides an opportunity for patients diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress to partake in research projects as part of their ongoing treatment.
And progress vital research into;
- A world-first project exploring the language used around veterans’ health to help achieve positive health outcomes for trauma affected servicemen and women
- Investigating the barriers stopping emergency service personnel from seeking help that will lead to the design of new strategies to help those in need
- Plus more.
For every $1 you donated in 2017, $4 was provided in grants to support research and projects to improve the health and wellbeing of veterans, emergency service personnel and their families. Yes it’s true! How? Our administration costs are covered by THRF’s commercial business activities (such as its lottery program) which also boosts our funds to research and patient care each year.
You can feel proud knowing your support has made a life-changing impact on the lives of those who put themselves in harm’s way to protect us.
You can learn more about your impact by reading the full report.
You’ve helped to save lives. Thank you!